RE: Front End Repairs - Questions/Comments

From: james.zito@ps.ge.com
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 10:26:02 EST

>From Aaron
They told me that I needed to replace the following:

Lower Ball Joints
Idler Arm
Pitman Arm
Inner Tie Rods

Personally I think they "saw you coming" on the Pitman arm and the Idler
arm. Those 2 bits just don't usually wear out. Although the Idler arm
could, since it has a ball and socket joint. All the pitman arm is, is a
hunk of metal, and unless someone screwed up and didn't properly torque it
down it should last for the life of the vehicle.

Jim
03 Dak CC 2wd