Re: Shock recomendations

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 11:56:23 EST

<david.clement@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:c36us4$vtv$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> I have been planning on new shocks this spring for my 99 4x4 Dakota. I
just got
> a catalog from Summit Racing and they have Rancho RSX and Explorer Pro
Comp
> 9000's on sale (by 3 get one free). I had been looking at Rancho RS5000's
but
> the sale makes the RSX the same price for 4 as the 5000. The Pro Comp
9000's
> are about the same price as the Rancho RS5000 but the sale would make 4
about
> $100.00. They all have lifetime warranties so they would be the last shock
> pay for.
>
> Anyone have any comments (good, bad) about these shocks?

I've got the monroe reflexes on my truck and love them. They're a little
stiff, but you don't notice the hard ride unless you're trying to read/write
something while driving. They were a bit pricey though.

Also IIRC, some listers have had issues with the pro comp shocks in the
past. I'd steer clear.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L