Fun with lifetime warranties!

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 21:39:23 EDT

I called the 4 Wheel Parts store near me and asked about the warranty on my
Rancho Shocks. They ordered them after stopping by to confirm need of
replacement. Came in the next day. I figured the front brake pads were in
need of replacement and the rotors turned. I took the PowerSlot rotors to
O'Reilly Auto Parts to be turned. Took the Raybesto pads back to pep boys
err I mean pop boys with the 90% worn pads. I was laughed at and told that
there is NO wareout warranty on ANY brake pads! Manager came over and
finally gave in to replace them and told me they no longer warranty worn out
pads and will not swap these out again. Last time I'll be going to there!!

Next stop was 4 Wheel Parts to trade in the worn out Ranchos with out a
hitch! Stopped back at O'Reilly's to pick-up the rotors then home to put it
all back together! All went well at home and now the front end rides better
then new!

For the price of turning the rotors ($16), I have new front shocks, pads
and smooth rotors!

P.S.. I'll be making one more trip to pop boys to return some stuff I bought
last week. I found it at O'Reilly's or Auto Zone at the same price or
cheaper.

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
http://www.y2kota.us
*---You have no rights if you don't know your rights...---*