35x12.50r15 BFG MT's

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 10:27:11 EDT

Hey list, got a foolish question for you.

First, the background:
   As many of you know, I am currently running 325/60r15 BFG AT's which
is a 31x13.50r15 in conventional notation, on my stock Gen3. With no
lift or even so much as a torsion bar crank, I only have minimal rubbing
on the front framerails, at full lock. So far I have 35k on these
tires, and they are only down to 11/32 [from 19] tread depth.

Now the Quandry:
   My local tire shop has a set of 35x12.50r15 take-offs [3 miles or so]
that they Reeeely want to get rid of. I am going in there later on with
my spare rim to see if there's even a chance that these will fit the
measuring tape says I will have an inch or two to spare, heh, heh,heh.
The deal is $140 each, out the door, mounted, balanced and all [which
works out to like $112 a tire, but I doubt I could actually cash and
carry them for that].

The question:
  IIRC there is at least one person on the list running 33x12.50's How
much room do you have? What are the mounted dimensions of your tires?
Mike, what are the mounted dimensions of those Yoko tires you are
running? These tires measure 9" at the sidewall, 34" high and 10-1/2"
wide, unmounted. I am guessing I will gain at least 1/2" mounted. A
little rub dosen't bother me, but if they don't fit (I'm guessing I will
at least have to take off my mud flaps, depending on how they sit) I am
going to open this deal up to the list, and will do whatever I can to
facilitate this deal.

                   -Barry