Re: Screech!

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 02:13:10 EDT

Does it happen while the starter is cranking, or after it fires up?? If
it's during, odds are its the starter. But if its after, my money would be
on the idler pulley.... Mine did that a while back. I am hesitant to say
its the power steering since odds are your not turning the wheel when it
happens (I could be wrong though). Other than that, I severely doubt it's
the belt, but check the tensioner if its locked up or not.

Times like these make me thankful that I have a remote start so I can pop
the hood, stick my nose in there and fire it up. Just watch the fingers, it
hurts like a SOB... TRUST ME! :)

Gary