RE: Hybrids aren't all they're cracked up to be

From: Wayne Allewelt (wallewelt@mai-aec.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 10:56:32 EDT

Did you read the cop out response that the Toyota Spokeperson gave "Federal
law requires that auto manufacturers use only EPA estimates when promoting
their vehicles' fuel economy, according to Toyota spokeswoman Nancy
Hubbell". What a crock of sh!!. Do they expect us to believe that they let
the government tell them what they advertise, but If that is true it just
gives the public another reason not to believe the government.

Maybe the auto manufacturers ought to put a statement below the sticker
window mileage that "THESE MILEAGE FIGURES ARE A BIG GUESS BY THE EPA,
YOU'D HAVE BETTER LUCK GUESSING THE LOTTO NUMBERS, THAN GETTING THIS ACTUAL
PRINTED MILEAGE".

I'll climb of the hood the that Prius now and go back into lurker mode.

Wayne
01 QC Sport 4x4 V8