RE: Re: Dakota Fuel Pump Wooooaaaaaaa's

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 11:27:42 EDT

In article <BAY19-F22AlzIXhGJPo0001523f@hotmail.com>,
scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com ("Ronald Taylor") writes:

> I was attempting to have the job done by a shop that was located close to
> home, only to find out that I had seriously under-estimated the shops
> ability.
>
> Once they got into it, they realized they were in for more of a job than
> they figured. They also broke the pump module which I suspected when the
> Dakota wouldn't idle and they sheepishly
> brushed the job off afterward.........
>
> Only option at that point was a New module, the other wouldn't work even if
> it had the Holley pump installed.
>
> I was hoping to get out of it with just installing a New module and
> forgeting about trying to install the Holley pump to get my Co-workers off
> my back and my Family OUT OF MY HAIR!
>
> Everyone kept asking why install the Holley in a perfectly good working Pump
> to start with, none of them are willing to accept what I was doing as
> anything other than stupid....
>
> I have a number of closed minded family and local nieghbors so when I'm
> planning one these projects I have no one to ask for help because of this
> attitude they have.
>
> I would have liked to of sent it to the shop I ended up going to in the
> first place, but that would have required trying to get a ride to and from
> the shop to leave it and pick it up after they were done.............No one
> willing to do that!......it would take up there precious time! I asked
> first!
>
> I rarely open the hood on my Dakota anymore at work, or any place other than
> my garage or at the local hang-out on Friday night.........iF I do , I get
> "what the HELL IS THAT FOR!?" (pointing at the Blower and air intake) "What
> a waste of money and time!" or "That S%!&'s going to Blow that truck
> up.......you Dumb #$%^@ !" .........or the classic line I hear constantly!
>
> "You've ruined a perfectly good 4WD with your non-sense BS under that hood!"
>

> That's why..........In a Nut shell.....I get NO respect or help from people
> unless it serves a purpose that benefits them!
>
> I don't care what they think of me or my project, I'm still going to finish
> it the way I want it!
>
> Ron
> 01' Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
> http://www.scsilverdak.1colony.com

> MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE
> download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

LOL Ron.... you need to get some new neighbors! Maybe move down to the Tampa
area, next door to TonyC. ;) Sorry to be laughing, 'cause I feel your pain.
I can totally relate, especially to the blowin' something up, and why would you
do that to a perfectly good truck statements. Most of my family are from the
"a car is for going from point A to point B" school. You should have seen the
looks I got when I hopped up my Bug back in college. Big bore kit, dual port
heads, street/strip cam, Holley two-barrel, centrifugal advance distributor,
and headers. A whole lot more fun to drive than a stock one, but they just
didn't understand. My 5.0 Mustang? Same way. "Why would you put an X pipe on
with those loud mufflers?".... "your gas mileage is going to be horrible with
those 3.73 gears!" and "what's wrong with it the way it is???". The Dak?
Fahgettaboudit! "Those headers are probably what made your transmission wear
out"! It's pretty much a comedy.

You mod your Dak because you enjoy it.... thank goodness there's a DML loaded
with other gearheads that can totally relate to you. We all have the need for
speed, so keep on truckin', Ron!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto