RE: Re: Dakota Fuel Pump Wooooaaaaaaa's

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 00:21:32 EDT

I was attempting to have the job done by a shop that was located close to
home, only to find out that I had seriously under-estimated the shops
ability.

Once they got into it, they realized they were in for more of a job than
they figured. They also broke the pump module which I suspected when the
Dakota wouldn't idle and they sheepishly
brushed the job off afterward.........

Only option at that point was a New module, the other wouldn't work even if
it had the Holley pump installed.

I was hoping to get out of it with just installing a New module and
forgeting about trying to install the Holley pump to get my Co-workers off
my back and my Family OUT OF MY HAIR!

Everyone kept asking why install the Holley in a perfectly good working Pump
to start with, none of them are willing to accept what I was doing as
anything other than stupid....

I have a number of closed minded family and local nieghbors so when I'm
planning one these projects I have no one to ask for help because of this
attitude they have.

I would have liked to of sent it to the shop I ended up going to in the
first place, but that would have required trying to get a ride to and from
the shop to leave it and pick it up after they were done.............No one
willing to do that!......it would take up there precious time! I asked
first!

I rarely open the hood on my Dakota anymore at work, or any place other than
my garage or at the local hang-out on Friday night.........iF I do , I get
"what the HELL IS THAT FOR!?" (pointing at the Blower and air intake) "What
a waste of money and time!" or "That S%!&'s going to Blow that truck
up.......you Dumb #$%^@ !" .........or the classic line I hear constantly!

"You've ruined a perfectly good 4WD with your non-sense BS under that hood!"

That's why..........In a Nut shell.....I get NO respect or help from people
unless it serves a purpose that benefits them!

I don't care what they think of me or my project, I'm still going to finish
it the way I want it!

Ron
01' Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
http://www.scsilverdak.1colony.com