Re: RE: Diagnostic Port Wiring

From: Larry L Athey (larryathey.nospam@larryathey.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 23:40:24 EDT

I'm a programmer by trade and a total automation geek, I've gotten far
to carried away with using PIC microprocessors to control everything in
my house. If I can just establish some form of a RS232 serial connection
with the diagnostic port in my pickup, the rest of the project would be
relatively simple. It's just a matter of figuring what's coming out of
that port and I'm sure that's what is going to be the tough part.
Writing the software that runs on the PIC microprocessor to take the
error codes and match it up with a string of text stored in EERAM and
show it on a flourescent display is actually very simple.