Re: Amazing! I saw my old Dak today!

From: John (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 11:41:21 EDT

>I assume you were towing your trailer? How's the Ram handle it? Like I
>really have to ask :-)

It felt a bit weird for the first few miles, but after that it was a joy.
Most of the drive was on a 2 lane highway and I had several.semi's pass
going the opposite direction. There was no hint of sway or any other
mis-behaving. The available power with the Cummins was wonderful. From a
dead stop, the truck acts like the trailer isn't even behind it. At 65 mph,
I was easily able to accelerate which is something my Dak was almost unable
to do. I towed at 60 with the Dak, but the Ram is happier at 65. The only,
and I mean ONLY, thing I found which I do not like with this truck compared
to the Dak is when it comes time to maneuver and back the trailer into it's
spot. Reverse is simply geared too high and I find myself backing up too
quickly even at idle. The only way to get around this is to ride the clutch
which I really hate to do. At least with an auto trans you can keep your
foot on the brake to control the speed.

John
04 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie