Re: RE: Hybrids (was: Hybrid Escape)

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 09:30:18 EDT

On Jun 3, 2004, at 10:26 PM, Terrible Tom wrote:

> This I am not surprised to hear. Disappointed but not surprised. My
> lack of interest in a durango hybrid stems from the fact the new
> DurVANgo is farkin UGLY. Gimme a hybrid Ram 2500 contractors special
> - and I'll stand in line for one.
>
> --
> ***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ (46) Days Left! *****
>
> Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine
> http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/

Yeah, the new Durango is ugly. I see them all over here already and
still mistake them for minivans with just a quick glance at first. The
Ram would be neat. Put in a smaller Cummins that still has good power,
says 220hp, and a decent electric motor and it should be able to hold
it's own. Only problem might be the battery placement.

Jeff Durling

p.s. Haha, I just had to mention this about the new Dakota (which is
also ugly). I got a thing form a local dodge dealer to come and see the
new models and it has pictures of the new Magnum, Durango, Caravan
(some sort of new feature), and the Dakota. The Dak uses a picture of
the Gen III Dakota not the new one. I may be wrong but I thought the
new one is going to be out shortly? Wouldn't you want to introduce the
new Dak not the old one?