Re: Why should I "HAVE" to wear a seatbelt?

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 12:45:46 EDT

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:13:39 -0400, M Smith wrote:

> Because if you don't you're an idiot. AND you cost us ALL a big bunch of
> money in insurance and medical!!!

Up here in Canada, I have a direct vested interest in making sure people
wear their safety belts. In case you don't know, Canada has socialized
national health care, which is paid for by... DUN DUN DUN... taxes!
That's right, every time some moron decides he is too cool to wear a seat
belt and tries to headbutt the windshield during an accident, I have to
pay for a portion of fixing his small-brained body. Nevermind insurance
rates and other such nonsense.