Re: Why should I

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 12:27:00 EDT

Back 30+ years ago when I was still in high School I learned a very good leason
about seat belts. I was on my way to work one winter morning in my 62 VW Bug
(no seat belts installed) when a tractor trail coming the other way fish tailed
into my lane. I served onto the shoulder to avoid hitting the truck and did but
when I tried to turn back onto the road the VW just tacked along the 5" step
from the pavement to the gravel on the side of the road. I watched in slow
motion ready for the impact when the car hit a telephone pole. I do not know
who fast I was going but it was not enough to dent the bumper back against the
body of the car. Anyway, I went right through the winsheild. Luckly the rubber
gasket that held it in let go and the whole windsheild poped out in one piece
but I wound up half way out the windshield. Any faster and I would have been
kissing the telephone pole.

Small cut to my head and a head that a couple of asprin fixed but it was enough
of a lesson that I installed seat belts in the VW and have used them ever
since.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4