Re: Seat Belt Tickets??

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 13:30:45 EDT

Gary Hedlin wrote:
> Does anyone know if seat belt violations count against your driving record??
> I got one today, and I'm really teed off. Before this I had a spotless
> record for almost 5 years.... And now this!!
>
> But here's the kicker... I HAD A SEAT BELT ON!! A while beck, I moved the
> receiver for the middle section over so I could use the lap belt instead of
> the shoulder belt. The shoulder belt was interfering with the use of my
> left arm, so I thought this would be a solution. But the cop who pulled me
> over stated that the shoulder belt had to be used for the driver.

either lap or shoulder, but not both has to be on, FIGHT it!

you can also countersue for loss of days pay etc.

> Until I see a law stating so, you can bet your a$$ I'm fighting this!!
>
> On the bright side no other tickets were issued. So if this is just one of
> those minor infractions instead of a moving violation I'll feel a little
> better about this.
>
> Thanks,

not sure about your states law but you cant be ticketed or stopped for
just a belt here (RI),
it has to be a real violation to be stopped in 1st place/

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)