Re: Re: Re: Seat Belt Tickets??

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 17:20:41 EDT

I'll say this about the seat belt laws. I'm with alot of you that it's your
safety, so it should be your choice. I wear my seatbelt, so the law really
doesn't bother me. I'm sure this wasn't the intention of the law when it
was enacted, but let's say I get into an accident with someone not wearing
their belt and they go through the windshield and get brain damaged or go
blind. Now since there is a law about wearing seatbelts, I think that does
afford me some protection in a law suit trying to blame me for their
injuries sustained from traveling through the windshield. And secondly, it
probably helps keep insurance costs down by forcing people to be safe. I
don't mean to get anyone started on insurance how much they suck and rip
people off. Just some thoughts. When I lived in NJ I had the best auto
insurance you could ever have. Not only were they the cheapest in the state
(about $500 a year cheaper), but they gave money back every year based on
how much money they payed out. I had it for over a year. They gave me
around $200 credit towards my next year policy and then an additional $100
showed up a few months later after they did some recalculating. Awesome
company.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota