Re: Why should I "HAVE" to wear a seatbelt?

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 19:35:38 EDT

droo wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:52:50 -0500, Barry <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Er, The AMA tried to do a study a few years back about helmets, they
>> started finding out that, while death due to head trauma decreased,
>> neck/spinal injuries increased. I personally believe that very few
>

> Well there ya go. Lives saved. I'd take a neck/spinal injury over death
> anyday. I would also like to submit the idea that those people getting
> the spinal injuries might be those who would have died from head trauma.
> Certainly not true in all cases, I'm sure.

well, opinions vary. I have a close friend that wrecked his jeep and is
paralyzed from the belly button down. He tells me that not a day goes by
that he dosent wish he had just died. I am not sure I would want to exist
like that myself, so I understand his point. Quality of life is certainly
a factor...

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com