Re: OT: Beater Help

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 19:20:03 EDT

I've got a 2.5L in my Dak with 127K of abuse on it. I bought it non-running
and changed the head. My 86 Shelby Charger has the 2.2L turbo.. running
15psi boost the last 30K miles.. I accidently had the wastge bypassed at one
time.. so engine got rebuilt at 85K. 101K on it is nothing.. To give my
head a better fighting chance I put a 160* stat in it.. eventually.. I'll go
up to a 180*. I've now gotten changing those heads down to just over an
hour and a half.
If it has a 5spd.. You can make it perform decent.. with an AT.. it'll just
be dependable transportation.
Either way.. it's a good find.
Aaron