Re: RE: Re: RE: Get up and go?

From: werlax@hotmail.com
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 09:12:34 EDT

""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <fasstdak@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:000701c472bd$58415ac0$040aa8c0@bernd...

> Relocating the IAT sensor to the intake tube gives the PCM a better
reading
> of the intake air temperature (hence: IAT). It's also proven to gain you
> few extra ponies and helps cure the heat-soak sluggishness that most
> everyone feels in the summer months (not so apparent in the winter). Most
> of the late '02 and newer Magnums now have it installed by default in the
> intake rather than in the manifold.

I've always wondered about this. If I were to get a programmer for the
computer, would I see the same benefits by advancing the timing? My
assumption was always that this would move the power band up. Is this
something you could recommend for a vehicle primarily used for towing. Does
the 180 thermostat affect any of this?
Thanks!
Mark