RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Get up and go?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 20:29:50 EDT

Definitely yes on the advanced timing. Most put a few more degrees advanced
timing out of the hole which gives you better throttle response and TQ. The
180 degree t'stat will also help as it keeps the engine cooler (which also
helps control detonation - "pinging" - with the more aggressive timing
curve. As for towing, not really recommended but there are a few running
either with Mopar, Custom programmed, or "programmer changed" computers
without any problems. The reprogramming, in most cases, does require the
use of 90+ octane fuel though.

- Bernd