Shock absorbers, Gen IV

From: bahearn (bahearn@mail.ev1.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 12:13:31 EDT

Put new shocks on the Dakota. Despite only 24k miles, I could no
longer stand the flabby pieces used by Dodge.

I went with the Edelbrock shocks. Better than OEM but still
wrong. A bit too much compression damping and still not enough
rebound damping. I just don't understand why suspension designers
are still directed to put a Cadillac ride on everything that isn't
a sports car. Cadillac ride sucks; it make me sea-sick. Anyway,
thought someone could use the information I dug up, which is by no
means complete.

Search criteria: Dodge Dakota Quad-Cab 2WD 2002
Bilstein
Front Rear
BE5-6460-H0 --

Edelbrock Performer IAS 2wd
Front Rear
3384 3484

Koni
Front Rear
-- --

KYB Gas-Adjust
Front Rear
KG5458 KG54321

KYB MonoMax
Front Rear
565049 565040

Monroe Sensa-trac
Front Rear
37137 37138

Monroe Reflex Truck
Front Rear
911137 911138

Monroe Plus
Front Rear
32318 32319

Monroe Sensa-trac load-adjusting
Front Rear
-- 58630

Rancho RS5000
Front Rear
RS5609 RS5147

Rancho RS9000X
Front Rear
-- RS99147

Bruce in Houston
'02 Dodge Dakota QC tow-beast
'98 Suzuki Bandit 1200S w/ $tuff
'94 Nissan Sentra SE-R w/ $tuff, converting to ITA--even MORE
$tuff!

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net