Re: Re: Re: RE: injectors (again)

From: Doug Myers (douglasmyers@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 18:13:34 EDT

Hi David,

    Actually, the stock injectors are rated at a higher BAR, because our
fuel systems run at 50psi as opposed to the 43.5psi standard. Thats why the
stock 19# injectors actually flow close to 23# in our trucks (according to
Larry Shepard.) If you divide the 3.0 BAR rating by .853, you'll get the 3.8
BAR rating. Using this, I figure that the FMS 24# injectors in my truck
right now are flowing around 28#. The Accel 21#'s I just ordered should be
around 24# at 3.0 BAR, which is about where I need to be.

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota 360/5-speed/3.92SG