Re: OT: Trade it or eat it?

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 16:09:46 EDT

That sounds correct Bill. I used to drop many of my repos at Southern Auto
Auction in South Windsor, CT. Only licensed dealers are able to get into the
Auctions there, so the vehicle would usually be sold at under book. The
borrower would still be responsible for any outstanding balance plus any
associated fees, such as repossession, processing and auction fees, etc... It
could still add up to a considerable amount of money. I could make anywhere
from $200 and up for each repo I did.

One scam some of the “We Finance Everyone, Buy Here, Pay Here” used car dealers
had was to put the car back on their lot and sell it to another sucker with bad
credit. Usually because of bad credit and no other reasonable choice, some
buyers were paying too much for a car on top of a high interest rate. Then, if
they got behind, my fax machine would be spitting out another repossession
order. On more than a few occasions, I repossessed the same car twice from two
different people.

Walt
http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com