Re: RE: Driver Info Requested...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 03:10:17 EDT

On Aug 6, 2004, at 00:12, Bill Pitz wrote:

> dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com wrote:

>> Anyone driving on Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires??

no one sane - at least not by choice.

>> Looking for first-person experiences.My choices are
>> the Wrangler RT/S,the Firestone Destination LE,or my
>> Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's...

> I wasn't very happy with the Wranglers at all. For starters, they
> wore out very fast.

agreed. they have non-exceptional dry traction, poor tread life, and
have HORRIBLE traction in wet, mud or snow.

> Unless you have a need for an offroad tire, though, I would not choose
> the BFG AT.

oh, bah. the BFG A/T isn't aggressive enough to shy away from.

> In short, I'd just say that if you're looking to buy tires, the
> Goodyear Wrangler RT/S is not worth the money.

they're worth the money if someone is paying you to run them, or if you
find them for free and drive 100% on-road in a relatively dry climate,
or with a heavier rear end than an empty pickup bed.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife