OT: Ford "Warranty"

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 15:53:49 EDT

I'll keep this short, reply off list please..I figure there is more than
Mopar knowlege and experience to tap here..

My mom has a '99 Windstar that is still under warranty (barely). My sister
was driving it and it just died while driving down the road. They had just
replaced the fuel pump because of the same problem recently, only this time
they claimed they couldn't find anything wrong and therefore had to charge
us $300 for the rental car she had to have for 7 days since they had nothing
to turn into warranty. This is screaming all kinds of wrong in my book,
from length of dowtime for no problem found and being charged for the rental
since they took so long. Is this something they can do or are they trying
to screw us?? I really want to go over there and give them a piece of my
mind. Thanks in advance,

Travis
'92 Dakota 5.2 4x4