RE: Viper Fan/Saab Switch Followup II

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 20:09:28 EDT

Bill, wasn't sure if you were still on DML. James Calder advised me to get
ahold of you and I just got your address through the archives..

Right now I just have it wired to run off the Saab switch. So whatever it
does is what my relays are seeing. I've got LED's that show low or high, I
remember someone saying there was some feedback and caused both of the
lights in their design to be on but I think this was a case where they were
both on all the time. But I could be wrong. But both my lights are on when
high speed is on. I need to start keeping better track of what info I get
from where, who, and when..

The paperwork I got with the switch (which came from James) said this is
actually not a Saab switch but a replacement and to put it in a Saab would
require some minor wiring (cut off connectors and put female terminals in
place). No number on the switch. I had gone to several parts stores
looking for temp switches for a number of applications and they were all one
speed switches. Maybe the guy at Townsend Imports (I think that is the
place) just wants to be THE supplier of these things. Maybe they are
unavailable and he bought what is left. Who knows!

I took some pictures of my install as well and can make a diagram of my
wiring as well to supplement Bill's, but his are probably going to be a lot
more fancy looking than mine, lol.

Another thing..when I was asking about how much power it takes to trip a
relay, I know it is now less than 3 amps, as that is the size fuse I have in
my manually switched circuit. So my diode should work fine when/if I add
the AC circuit.

Travis