Re: BBQ pictures and video

From: Walt Felix (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 07:43:23 EDT

"Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote in message
news:411B93B3.4080006@aol.com...

> Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

> LMAO!! I'm working on my web site almost nightly, Walt. I should have
> things uploaded soon. I really need to get my computer situation
> remedied. Using a highly crash prone, well abused and neglected old
> computer, with software that I've scraped up off the floor of the
> internet. (drooling over the prospect of a new G5 mini tower)

Yea, I'm in the same u-boat with you on that one. I do most everything with
the 1GHz ThinkPad I have because none of my towers have enough HP to
reasonably run anything I want to do nowdays. Once Ingrid and I get settled
into the new house, I'm buying two new systems (his/hers) and replacing my
little servers with some rack mount units. I've already called dibs on a
small room in the basement to use as a small server room.

> > Also, if anyone who shot video wants to send me a copy, I can get them
encoded
> > and post them as .MPGs or burn them to DVDs. Email me off list and we
can make
> > arrangements.
> >

> I'm going to try my hand at burning the video I took to DVD. If it
> doesn't want to work would you want a VHS copy of the vids or can you
> play HI-8mm some how?

Well currently, I myself don't have the ability to capture them at home but
I have access to a real nice video editing toaster in the office. I know
there are S-VHS and broadcast BETA decks in there but I don't recall if they
have a Hi-8 deck. I want to say there is, but I'll have to check on that
today. Probably, should send me a copy on VHS anyhow, so I can show it to a
few friends later on. My car club's winter party always has videos playing
of club members during the previous season. Would be different to have 4
wheeling footage instead of the usual car show & drag racing videos we
usually play. Especially since my Barracuda hasn't even made it out of the
garage this year. Looks like I won't take the academy award for best
burn-out video again this year :)

--
Walt Felix
'88 Dakota Sport 4x4, '96 Dakota CC SLT 4x4, '00 Ram Sport 1500 QC

http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com