Re: Re: daily SAS update

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 18:48:01 EDT

On Aug 17, 2004, at 14:28, Russell Yee wrote:

> Hey Mike
>

> I am not sure how I have separated the spindle from the knuckle in the
> past.
> I will try to recreate what I did tonight in the shop. I think I had
> put
> the axle on the floor and somehow braced the knuckle on the floor with
> my
> foot and went to town.

if it was still on the axle it'd be easy =)

I found a shop with a press, so I'll have things taken care of tomorrow
one way or the other. going to finish doing my ujoints tonight so I'll
know if I need any of them pressed.

> Too bad you are not closer to Boston. I have pretty
> big press (50 ton) as well as a Bridgeport milling machine and big
> drill
> press, so we could solve both your problems.

*nice*
I'll have to give you a holler when I get out that way (after the Dak
is done, I might have some tires for the RC to pick up out there) and
get the shop tour ;-)
I also just applied for a job at MIT, so if that pans out.... <g>

> We could also regear you axle
> while you're here. Field trip!!

I like field trips!

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife