Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 09:34:16 EDT

In article <157.3cc043e1.2e542214@aol.com>, B1LLYW@aol.com writes:

> There is one very simple thing we can all do to keep the roads safe. Use
> your turn signals. Easy, straightforward, simple. If you speed, but you use
> your turn signals, at least people will know where you are going. If you
blow
> lights and stop signs, but you use your turn signals, at least people will
know
> what you're doing. Using your turn signals is a simple thing that can cover
> for a lot of other bad driving habits. I am sick and tired of reading
people's
> minds, wondering where the heck they are going.
>
> Obligatory Dak content - I almost got t-boned in my truck today by a moron in
> a Cherokee who doesn't know what a @#$#@$# turn signal is for.

I'm astonished at the lack of respect Marci & I get when we're in her (or my)
car, vs. in the Dak. A few weeks ago we nearly got run over a half dozen times
coming back from my parents' house in her Hyundai.

Even other cars do it to us! Sure, we get overlooked by trucks too, but cars
are almost as bad. If you're not bigger than the other guy, you'll get nailed
out there.