Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 10:21:37 EDT

<B1LLYW@aol.com> wrote in message news:157.3cc043e1.2e542214@aol.com...

> There is one very simple thing we can all do to keep the roads safe. Use
> your turn signals. Easy, straightforward, simple. If you speed, but you
use
> your turn signals, at least people will know where you are going. If you
blow
> lights and stop signs, but you use your turn signals, at least people will
know
> what you're doing. Using your turn signals is a simple thing that can
cover
> for a lot of other bad driving habits. I am sick and tired of reading
people's
> minds, wondering where the heck they are going.
>
> Obligatory Dak content - I almost got t-boned in my truck today by a moron
in
> a Cherokee who doesn't know what a @#$#@$# turn signal is for.
>
> Bill White - KRC Performance

I think the best one I ever saw was a high-cube delivery truck making a
right-hand turn from the left turn lane. He was the third vehicle back and
crossed in front of all the other cars that were not turning. He did use
his turn signal though.....

I called the phone number on the side of the truck and reported him to his
boss. His boss (or whomever was on the phone) was very displeased that his
driver would do something like that with the business name and phone number
on the side of the truck. It kinda sounded like he was already less than
impressed with the guy's driving habits.....

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L