Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 12:39:17 EDT

"Josh Battles" <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
: <Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com> wrote in message
: In that article, it seems to me as though the author confuses GVWR with
: actual curb weight. Now I don't know if those signs apply to curb weight or
: gross weight (obviously the ones that say gross apply to that) so I can't
: comment on that. However, my truck's GVWR is right close to 6000 pounds,
: IIRC. Keeping this in mind, I'd suspect that some of the heavier optioned
: Daks out there would fall into this category as well, while only actually
: weighing about 4000 on average.

   Yep; although the signs don't specify, I suspect they are
talking about actual weight, as opposed to GVWR which is
basically "potential weight".

   Also, I wonder how the anti-SUV'ers would react if they
actually started enforcing this and immediately discovered that
they now need to drive down to the UPS or FedEX depot to pick up
every package shipped to them since the drivers can no longer
travel on their streets and therefore can't drop stuff off at their
homes? All of those people in Beverly Hills would lose their
precious service vehicles so people might actually start having
to mow their own lawns and do their own laundry. ;-) Oh, and
we certainly can't build any new houses or do any remodling -
unless you can find a construction company willing to bring
in the materials a few boards and bricks at a time, strapped
to the roofs of Festivas and Metros. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'