Re: Driving Manners Are Nonexistent

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 11:59:43 EDT

<Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com> wrote in message

> I've noticed the same with Ingrid's little Toyota. Too many soccer moms'
> driving big SUVs or idiots who don't know how to use their mirrors. She
gets
> cut off on a daily bases.
>
> Did you see the Slate Article on California's laws concerning vehicles
over
> 6000lbs.
>
> http://www.slate.com/id/2104755/
>
> I've noticed we have similar signs posted around the Hartford area.
>
> Walt

In that article, it seems to me as though the author confuses GVWR with
actual curb weight. Now I don't know if those signs apply to curb weight or
gross weight (obviously the ones that say gross apply to that) so I can't
comment on that. However, my truck's GVWR is right close to 6000 pounds,
IIRC. Keeping this in mind, I'd suspect that some of the heavier optioned
Daks out there would fall into this category as well, while only actually
weighing about 4000 on average.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L