Re: Dakota SXT (tonneau cover)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 01:33:38 EDT

Chris Orr <chris@manual-override.net> wrote:
[...]
: I would also like to get some kind of soft tonneau(sp?)...I have a hard
: tonneau right now and it becomes a pain in the arse when I want to
: actually haul something back there. Any suggestions on a good
: brand/style?

   I put a Downey LTD on my '90 Dakota a little over a year ago and
have been very happy with it. (I found out about it via recommendations
from some DMLers, mostly Andy Levy) :-) Its really nice in that it
lifts up on struts like a hard tonneau, but can be completely removed
from the frame just like a soft tonneau. The way the snaps go into
the rail is pretty nice too. A very easy install also. The only
drawback is it is a bit more money than a non-tilting soft tonneau,
but the convenience is definitely worth it to me. You can find more
info at their web site http://www.downeyproducts.com/

   The online distributor I purchased it from had the best price I
could find, and shipped it quickly. If you'd like their web site,
just let me know and I will dig it up, unless Andy beats me to it
(I got it from the same place he bought his.) I'd post the URL
now if I had it, but I'm not at my usual computer and would need to
look through my old e-mails to try and find it.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'