Re: Brake problems

From: dean_ocque@yahoo.com
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 11:43:26 EDT

    For once, I was actually doing it right. I gave up on it because the brake
was still rubbing. I took it in to the shop, and they found (for whatever
reason) the steering knuckle had bent causing the caliper to rub. They did not
have a replacement, so they heated it up and bent it back. They said not to do
any off road or hard breaking until I get it replaced. They said the heat has
weakened the metal. All I know is 1 mile of a pad rubbing makes a pretty red
glow. Fortunately for me, it didn't warp the rotor.

    Thanks for the advice.