Re: Re: help me start my truck

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 09:24:19 EDT

<werlax@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> The new rockers I installed can be seen moving when I take the oil filler
> cap off the valve cover (modified valve covers).

Are you sure you adjusted the rockers correctly?

> The thing that concerns me is that even after cranking numerous times I
> don't smell any gas. Shouldn't I?
> It seems I have gas (or at least I supplied it), I have spark, and I have
> air. What else is there? Is this a sensor problem of some kind?

If you crank it over for a good amount of time, most likely you'd smell
fuel. Since you had the intake manifold off the truck, check the electrical
connections for the injectors, you might have forgotten to plug something
in.

I guess the best I can say is to go over every electrical connection that
you made, check for blown fuses (maybe fuel pump), and see what you get.
Hopefully it's just a loose connection or something. Good luck!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L