RE: RE: valve body won't install - help

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 11:05:27 EDT

Sending this directly to you as well as DML.

You want to put the lever on the valve body in neutral. It's flat with a
bunch of recesses in it (one for each gear, park, rev, neutral, 3, 2, 1) and
moves over a spring loaded ball. The gear shift won't be connected yet if
you don't have the valve body in. I should add this is the way the
hydraulic trannys are, not sure if it's exactly the same for the '97 - up
electronic versions. Sorry, I don't recall what year you're working on.

RayB