RE: Bedliner damage control

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 16:54:05 EDT

I don't not know about that! My 89 Dakota came from the dealer with an over
rail bed liner and it was in the truck for 14 years (sold it last year with
256,000 miles on it). Granted it scuffed the paint off every where it touched
the bed but it also scuffed off any rust that started in those places when it
sat, no other damage. My brothers 97 Ranger (160,000 miles) is the same way. I
had heard all the horror stories and took the liner out when I first purchased
the truck from my buddy but no rust at all. Took it out about once a year or
other year after that.

Getting back to the rail issue. You can purchase heavy weight clear tape at
places that sell caps & trailers that you can lay down along the rails and stop
the scuffing from getting worse. Also they sell sheets of thin foam (similar to
the stuff you line your tool box drawers) to lay between the liner and the bed
to stop the scuffing of the ribs in the bed and fender wells.

Dave Clement
99 Dakota (with an under the rail liner)