status of rocker install

From: werlax@hotmail.com
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 21:23:06 EDT

Well, the prognosis is not good. As soon as I took off the valve covers I
could see that the rocker arm shouldn't be situated the way it was. I bent
at least 1/2 of the pushrods. I replaced the pushrods and the damage to the
rocker arms was minimal... couple of scrapes... and I reinstalled everything
with little hope. It tried to start, but no go. Checking the compression
showed zero compression on two of the cylinders. Now I'm faced with head
and valve repair. I am considering a local place to do a core exchange
since I need to get this fixed last weekend. I'm just hoping, now, that I
don't have any piston damage. I won't know until I get the heads off. I
have a friend who's against core exchanges because he figures that you don't
know what you're getting. I figure since they're refurbished and
guaranteed, I should be ok... and like I said, I need them yesterday. Does
anyone happen to have a set lying around they'd like to get rid of? *sigh*
I'll keep everyone informed.
Mark