Re: Re: status of rocker install

From: werlax@hotmail.com
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 22:53:50 EDT

"Tony Cellana" wrote:
> 1) Drop in a set on new pushrods.
>
> 2) Tighten all the rockers finger tight (that'll be enough for the
> next step)
>
> 3) do a compression test
>
> 4) cross fingers you have compression in all cylinders. +/- 7%
> across all cylinders is not an issue.

I reused the pushrods from my old set for my first test. To verify
compression I actually removed the pushrods from the two that had zero
compression readings. The reading only went up to about 25 psi, so even
when the valve should have been fully seated it wasn't getting good
compression readings.

> Next time you are about to do a project, ask. We might be able to
> save tons of problems on something you aren't familiar with.

Yeah, that's the problem. I'm pretty anal about this stuff, but I had
someone with me who "has done this before". I relied on his expertise too
much I guess. *sigh* (again)

Mark