Re: Re: Re: status of rocker install

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 23:24:51 EDT

OK then, yank the head(s). Pull the valves on the cylinders in question,
and roll them on a flat surface to verify which is bent (intake or exhaust.
Pistons shouldn't be bad. Probably a nick that can be cleaned up easily.
If the motor was not running, you can possibly lap in a new valve if the
seat is ok.

Figure a head gasket kit, and intake gasket kit, several valves, some
lapping compound, antifreeze, and oil/filter.

And while you are in there, check the belly pan gasket if you still have a
beer barrel.

Remember that factory type service manuals are only good for factory or
stock replacement parts. Some lessons are more costly that others. Sorry
you had to learn this one the hard way.

TonyC