RE: ask first, destroy later

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 22:45:51 EDT

<snip>

> As a potential alternative to draining the block, would
> draining the radiator and then spinning the water pump pulley
> (perhaps with an electric motor) pull enough extra out of the
> block to drop the coolant level below the heads? (I suppose
> one would have to remove the thermostat first or maybe
> disconnect a heater hose at the firewall and put the end
> in a bucket)
> -Jon-

I dunno Jon. Sounds like a lot more trouble than block drain plugs but
anything's possible. On my '92 Dak the drain plugs are relatively easy to
reach, and on the passenger side there was room to install a petcock. That
makes draining the next time a piece of cake. Unfortunately, I couldn't use
a petcock on the driver's side as there was not enough clearance to turn the
lever on the petcock. To me, one's better than none. :-)

RayB