RE: ask first, destroy later

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 11:05:09 EDT

<snip>
> The amount of water that you can see in the pictures I posted is what was
left.
> By the way, any thoughts on those pics?
>
> Mark

Yeah Mark....good luck! With the obvious damage to your pushrods and
valves, I'd also be concerned with the condition of your lifters. If it
were me, I'd replace them too, just to be safe. It would be a shame for
you to reassemble everything only to find out some lifters were damaged. I
would also look very closely at your rocker arms for any cracks. (magnifying
glass?) Mine have been in there for 4 years or so and they show no signs of
wear anywhere. The marks on yours should not occur in normal use.

RayB