Re: Valid concerns,or just noises? (2001 RC 4X4)

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 21:13:56 EDT

On Aug 29, 2004, at 18:13, steve preston wrote:

> I had the front wheels off a few hours
> ago,putting the original brake pads back on. While I was doing that,I
> tried moving stuff the best I could,checking for
> play,but I had the suspension unloaded,so nothing was
> probably going to feel loose anyway.

That sounds like good news for your wheel bearing - the hub assembly
shouldn't care about suspension loading, so if it wasn't moving around
with the brakes dismantled you might just be looking at some very bad
ball joints.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife