Re: Can't Rev past 3400

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 00:22:41 EDT

On Aug 31, 2004, at 20:09, David Henry wrote:

> Now
> runs really nice and quiet, and has decent power up until 3000 or so
> RPM. I
> had the pedal to the floor in 2nd gear and it seemed to totally lack
> enough
> umph to rev past 3400.

> Any ideas?

Glad to hear it's finally making healthy noises for ya! Did that
'tick' go away now?

Sounds like it could be a timing issue... Is it knocking at all, or
just not getting up there? An a/f ratio gauge would be nice so you
could see if it was leaning out like it wasn't getting enough fuel or
something along those lines.... Could check fuel pressure as a place
to start on that front. If it's sitting still will it get the revs up,
or is this a problem under load and without load?

That's about all that comes to the top of my mind at the moment.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife