Re: Can't Rev past 3400 (The *Real* Thread / Update)

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 07:22:23 EDT

No clue. Didn't check or get anywhere near the distributor as it's on the
back side of the engine. The timing chain replacement only involves taking
everything off the front of the engine. I thought the computer could
control the timing advance / retard to some extent, but maybe I'm now
outside of the adjustment range.

A side note. I don't know why the FSM has you remove the power stearing
pump. I did it the first time, but then when I was done didn't see the
point. I left it on for the second pass. It wasn't even really in the way
at all.

David