Re: Can't Rev past 3400 (The *Real* Thread / Update)

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 04:50:41 EDT

On Sep 1, 2004, at 22:30, David Henry wrote:

> I don't have a AF gague.

yeah, most people don't. I know I'd never consider putting one in
either of my trucks - I've got very little reason to. I just know the
Dakota should run right with EFI and that the RamCharger runs richer
than all everything and I should fix that =)

> I guess I could steal a fuel pressure gague from
> another vehicle, but I don't have access to the vehicle now, and I
> won't
> until next week.

If it's not pinging, it's probably not lean, so I doubt fuel pressure
will be the culprit.

> If you think it's timing, I'd go with that as the culprit.
> If I can screw up a timing chain install once, I can do it twice:) At
> least
> my second attempt got it to a runable state. Is there any easy way to
> confirm timing without pulling everything off again? Even though I'm
> getting better at it, I'd really rather not do it again.

Well..... my FSM says nothing about any post-install adjustment of
timing, so the computer must take care of all that. Were your timing
marks lined up perfectly during install? Is your distributer still
indexed properly (#1 to TDC, rotor should point to #1 wire)? Having
never touched these parts of a Magnum (or anything with more than two
cylinders, or two strokes, for that matter) I'm just reasoning this out
- I've got no experience to go on.

Good luck!

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife