Re: OT: Frances

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 11:00:57 EDT

Jeff Durling <jdurling@bellsouth.net> wrote:
: Right now I wish I had your forecast. Looking at the latest 5 am
: advisory from the NHC it looks like the track is being shifted more to
: the west. Reading the discussion it seems that later today they may
: change it again to the west. If that ends up being the case the eye
: will most likely pass within 30 miles of me. Looks like my wife's
: father may be bringing plywood from Orlando. gotta do what you have to
: do. I would say after tomorrow I will not be online for a while most
: likely due to no power. Actually, hopefully that's all.

: Jon, I hope your brother is ready to ride this thing out. It looks like
: it could be making landfall right in his area.

    Thanks; yeah, this should be interesting. He's preparing for it as
best as he can, which basically means getting anything loose in the
yard like patio furniture, etc. inside the house; his house isn't
set up to board up the windows or anything, so about all he can do is
stay inside and away from the windows... This is great timing too
since he has actually just sold the house and is in the process of
moving out... :-P Knowing him, he probably doesn't have homeowner's
insurance so I'm really hoping it just blows by!

    Good luck to everyone else down there!

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'