Re: OT: Frances

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 17:07:49 EDT

On Sep 2, 2004, at 11:00 AM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Thanks; yeah, this should be interesting. He's preparing for it as
> best as he can, which basically means getting anything loose in the
> yard like patio furniture, etc. inside the house; his house isn't
> set up to board up the windows or anything, so about all he can do is
> stay inside and away from the windows... This is great timing too
> since he has actually just sold the house and is in the process of
> moving out... :-P Knowing him, he probably doesn't have homeowner's
> insurance so I'm really hoping it just blows by!
>
> Good luck to everyone else down there!
>
> --
> -Jon-
>
> .-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --.
> | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota |
> | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD |

I think Florida requires the insurance by law until closing and then
you have to have got coverage on the new place when you show up to
close on that. I cannot see him not covered. The thing that sucks here
is since Andrew hit the insurance deductable, at least here, is $5k.
Alot of money to come up with up front to get the house repaired/
rebuilt.

Jeff Durling