Re: Shackles and hangers

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 11:24:16 EDT

""Pindell, Timothy"" <TPindell@otterbein.edu> wrote in message

> Awww man! I have to take off the fronts too!?!? I had a stinking
> suspicion that this might be the case. >sigh< I had hoped that it was
> just the rear fixtures that got swapped.
>
> Yesterday evening, I took a 4" grinder to the rears and pried the
> brackets off the frame. I was able to easily poke / pound out the
> remains of most rivets. I'll work on the fronts tonight.
>
> I really appreciate the info.
>
> Tim

I thought for a shackle/hanger kit you only had to grind the front spring
mount off of the frame, and you got a longer shackle piece for the rear that
you just bolted in instead of the stock piece. I didn't think you had to
remove the rear hanger.... I've never done this before, I've got drop
leaves. I could be talking outta my ass here, so YMMV.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L