Re: Re: SAS melodrama

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 21:34:03 EDT

On Sep 2, 2004, at 19:37, Russell Yee wrote:

> Most people trying to run stock hummer rims without a DRW front axle
> use
> wheel spacers, in the 1" to 1.5" variety.

Yup. I'm not doing that because I want to retain a closer-to-stock
track width. I'm just going to write off these ball joints (and grease
them every couple hundred miles) for the short-term until I can get a
high steer setup where I won't have problems.

> If you need a custom pitman arm, I'd just have one made.

I'm going to check into that, too, but I've got a workaround that I
like well enough to run for a little while - probably until I tear
things back apart to do histeer.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife