RE: DML Digest V5 #1994

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 18:34:13 EDT

> > Anyway... $65 from AZ and 4 hours later... the truck purrs like a
> > kitten
>
>$65?!?!
>
>dayum - the lifetime pump I just put in my LA 360 was $22 from Advance.
> the cheapie rebuilt that I didn't get was $17.

The LA and magnum water pumps are pretty different..well at least different
castings and I am pretty sure they are opposite rotations so a different
impeller..and most I've seen come with a pulley welded on (although parts
books at work show we have part numbers for pressed on as well as bolt on
pullies). But, you could put an LA pump on a Magnum, couldn't you? At
least from a physical fit standpoint, I'm pretty sure you could.

Now that said, when I put my Viper fan in and cut my water pump snout, the
pulley was welded on. Are they welded on from the factory or just press-fit
and nothing else? Kinda made me nervous attacking that thing with the
grinder (took it down to flush with the pulley) but I've got a coupld
thousand miles on it without any problems..

Travis
'92 Dakota 5.2 4x4
A few mods here and there..and thinking about jumping ship to a 2x4